ME204ACS Advanced Topics in Aircraft Appraisals II
- Registration Closed
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 - Friday, June 9, 2023
9:00am-5:00pm Eastern US
Class registration will close on Monday, June 5, 2023.
- One registrant log-in to the live sessions
- Electronic student materials
Class Format - Virtual
ASA is offering the opportunity for students to attend this class live via the internet as a remote participant.
Times Listed in Eastern US
- Day 1 - Tuesday, June 6, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Day 2 - Wednesday, June 7, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Day 3 - Thursday, June 8, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Day 4 - Friday, June 9, 9:00am - 12:00pm (Final Exam)*
*The final exam will be administered and proctored the last day on Friday, June 9th. Exams are no longer provided in a written format and students MUST have a personal laptop or computer device to complete the secure online exam. For any exam questions or technical/logistic concerns, contact email@example.com. More detailed information will be provided before class concludes.
Please note: Partial credit will not be awarded for this offering. Students must participate in all the live session(s) virtually to complete the course and receive full credit following successful completion of the final exam. The virtual session(s) will not be recorded and/or made available after class.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Class provides 32 Hour of CE including Exam Hours.
This course is the forth and final Principles of Valuation (POV) course within ASA's Aviation Valuation Program which provides the required baseline education on aircraft specific appraisals as part of the Accredited Member (AM) or Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) designation. The course builds on the fundamental principles of appraisal terminology, methods and concepts, and basic aircraft terms, aviation concepts and applications discussed in the prior three courses. ME204-ACS covers report writing, defending your report, professional standards and ethics, damaged aircraft appraisals, and various approaches to appraising commercial aircraft. The course exposes participants to a broad spectrum of the aviation world to enhance their career path and professional standing in aircraft appraisals, banking and finance and related fields.
*Accredited MTS Members who took the ME201-204 courses for accreditation purposes may not retake the courses for reaccreditation/continuing education (CE) credits. Those who have not previously completed these courses must successfully pass the associated exam to receive ASA reaccreditation/CE credit. No reaccreditation/CE credit will be awarded for the audio version of this course.
In addition to lectures and materials, this course will provide opportunities for students to:
-Read and discuss MTS journal articles that highlight current developments in the aircraft appraising profession
-Discuss current, historic and possible future impact to values for different sectors of aviation equipment
-Listen to expert guest speakers from the aviation industry on important topics relevant for aircraft appraisers
The course is intended for aircraft brokers, aviation appraisers, and professionals in aviation banking, financing, and aircraft maintenance industries.
ASA’s Valuing Machinery and Equipment: The Fundamentals of Appraising Machinery and Technical Assets 4th Ed is the authoritative textbook on the theory and methodology of appraising machinery, equipment, and technical assets. The 2020 edition includes revised and updated chapters on topics like the sales comparison approach, appraisal report writing, and valuations for financial reporting, completely rewritten chapters on topics like aircraft appraisals, and a new chapter on ad valorem tax appraisals. It also includes updated appendices with appraisal research sources, an enhanced index, and a wholly rewritten and improved glossary.
Purchase - Valuing Machinery and Equipment, 4th Edition
Continuing Education and Contact Hours
32 Hours of CE are provided upon completion of the course (including exam hours).
All course materials included with your registration are PDF Download Only items made available to students prior to the start of the class and are not for resale or distribution. All downloadable class materials are accessible via your class Handouts tab. Once eMaterials have been posted for download, the class is no longer refundable.
eMaterials are provided electronically in PDF format and posted to the class within class Handouts tab for all registrants to securely access prior to the start of the class. Attendees should come to class prepared with an electronic or printed copy of all eMaterials to use as a reference. OnDemand course registrants receive access to materials immediately following registration.
PDF course materials are presented in color, are bookmarked, and comment enabled. When opting to print downloaded materials, it is recommended that personal print settings be adjusted to print in black and white (or grayscale) and consider printing double-sided on recycled paper.
Certificate of Completion
Please allow 5-10 business day following successful completion of the course or final exam to receive a formal status notification and access to a certificate of completion. The certificate will be available to view and download/print from within the class Certificate tab.
ASA’s Educational Foundation recognizes students who choose to invest their time in appraisal studies by providing assistance to students demonstrating a financial need. Please visit the Educational Foundation's webpage for more information and to download an application.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Review Prior to Exam Session
Please read the following information in its entirety to ensure a successful exam experience.
- ASA requires the use of a PC/Mac/laptop with webcam capabilities in order to take your online exam. Mobile devices are not acceptable.
- The day of your exam, please login to your online open examination session via the Zoom or GoToMeeting link/details within the Join Session tab above.
- Make sure your webcam is on and that you are muted.
- Your open examination session will be monitored by an online proctor (either an ASA staff member or an instructor). This individual will provide you with their contact information should you need to reach them during the exam.
- Your exam may be accessed via the class page on your dashboard.
- PLEASE NOTE – You may not reference any of the course materials or classroom notes, nor may you access any websites or any other resources during the exam.
- Lastly, ASA has transitioned to online exams to accommodate the continuation of learning. In the unlikely event you run into any technical issues or you are inadvertently kicked out of the exam, we STRONGLY recommend you keep a written record of all your answers on a separate piece of paper as you take the exam. In case there is an unforeseen issue, you will have your answers at the ready to reload into the exam software or to send to ASA via email as backup.
- Join the open examination session via the Zoom/GoToMeeting link 5 minutes early to ensure enough time for check in.
- Reliable internet service, a webcam and a personal computer/Mac/ laptop are required. Exams may not be taken on a mobile device.
- A secondary device (i.e. phone or tablet) should be available if you need to contact the proctor during them exam.
- You have one (1) hour to complete the USPAP exam and three (3) hours to complete the ASA POV exams (four (4) hours for ME204). When your time is up, your exam will be automatically submitted.