ME181 - Valuation Model Building for the MTS Appraiser Webinar Recording
When valuing larger groups of assets, it is often beneficial and necessary to build an excel file to perform all of the necessary calculations. Even when valuing a small group of assets, a good excel
model can limit mathematical errors and increase efficiency.
Appraisers (MTS) of any level
General Webinar Information
Login to ASA's webinars are through your Education Dashboard on the ASA website. In addition, this presentation will not be recorded or made available post-webinar for purchase via the ASA Marketplace
Required for Webinar Participation - webinar attendees must download the excel and PPT prior to the start of the webinar.
To ensure the best ASA webinar experience, be sure to download the Zoom app on your device before the webinar begins.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
This webinar will award 2.4 CE hours.
If you are a designated member of the American Society of Appraisers, CE credit will automatically be entered into your record ONLY if you participate in the live webinar. Please allow approximately 2 weeks post-webinar for ASA to notify participants via email regarding a certificate of completion.
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Learn how to utilize excel to build a flexible cost approach model
2. Recognize the benefits and limitations of such a model
3. Understand how to bring market-based data into the model
4. Acquire the skills to be able to efficiently appraise 100s or 1000s of assets efficiently
This course is meant to answer the following questions:
1. What components go into a good cost approach model?
2. How do you bring market data into an automated file?
3. How do you utilize excel tools to build a model.
This course will be interactive in nature in that you will be working “live” on an excel spreadsheet at the same time as the instructor and learning the steps in a tactile way.