July 26th Online Exam Session
- Registration Closed
NEW! Online Examination Sessions
This new online examination session provides an opportunity for students who need to take any of the following *course exams online with ASA:
- OnDemand course exams;
- Audio course exams;
- Challenge course exams and/or
- Re-take exams
Each monthly open exam session is monitored by a virtual proctor. All exams begin at 11am EST.
*The BV 8 Hour Challenge Exam has special criteria and does not qualify for this open session. Please email email@example.com to request more information regarding the BV 8 Hour Challenge Exam online. For more information regarding ASA Specialty Exams, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
PLEASE NOTE: In order to register for an open examination session, you must have already completed the course for which you will be taking the exam.
How Does It Work?
- Complete the coursework.
- Once you have registered for the open examination session of your choice, email email@example.com and let us know which exam you will be taking. This is very important so we will have your exam ready for you.
- Carefully review the Exam Session Procedures tab, above.
- To join the scheduled exam session, either refer to your reminder email sent prior to the examination session, or via the Zoom link provided, which will allow us to proctor your exam.
- Your webcam must be turned ON and you must be muted.
- Once you're checked in, the exam proctor/administrator will send you the link to your specific online exam.
- Once you click on the exam link, your exam will begin.
Tips for Online Exams
- As connectivity issues do arise, we recommend you write down your answers on a separate sheet of paper as you go. If any technical issues were to disrupt your exam, you will have a record of your answers available.
- Once you are finished, you will submit your exam via the online software and allow 5-7 days for processing.
- You also need to sign the required affidavit (which will be provided to you) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grades will not be provided unless this form has been signed and sent to HQ.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 800-272-8258.
ASA’s Educational Foundation recognizes students who choose to invest their time in appraisal studies by providing assistance to students demonstrating a financial need. Please visit the Foundation’s webpage for more information and to download an application.
Review Prior to Joining the Exam Session
Please read the following information in its entirety to ensure a successful exam experience.
- ASA requires the use of a PC/Mac/laptop with webcam capabilities in order to take your online exam. Mobile devices are not acceptable.
- The day of your exam, please login to your online open examination session via the Zoom link/details within the Join Session tab above.
- Make sure your webcam is on and that you are muted.
- Your open examination session will be monitored by an online proctor (either an ASA staff member or an instructor). This individual will provide you with their contact information should you need to reach them during the exam.
- Your exam may be accessed via the class page on your dashboard.
- PLEASE NOTE – You may not reference any of the course materials or classroom notes, nor may you access any websites or any other resources during the exam.
- Lastly, ASA has transitioned to online exams to accommodate the continuation of learning. In the unlikely event you run into any technical issues or you are inadvertently kicked out of the exam, we STRONGLY recommend you keep a written record of all your answers on a separate piece of paper as you take the exam. In case there is an unforeseen issue, you will have your answers at the ready to reload into the exam software or to send to ASA via email as backup.
- Join the open examination session via the Zoom/GoToMeeting link 5 minutes early to ensure enough time for check in.
- Reliable internet service, a webcam and a personal computer/Mac/ laptop are required. Exams may not be taken on a mobile device.
- A secondary device (i.e. phone or tablet) should be available if you need to contact the proctor during them exam.
- You have one (1) hour to complete the USPAP exam and three (3) hours to complete the ASA POV exams (four (4) hours for ME204). When your time is up, your exam will be automatically submitted.