BV203 Introduction to Business Valuation - Asset-Based Approach, Discounts and Diverse Practice Areas
Includes a Live Event on 12/06/2022 at 10:00 AM (EST)
BV203 takes the valuation foundations covered in BV201 and BV202 and extends them into advanced topic areas, including those with diversity in their practice. Students will:
- Learn when and how to use the Asset-Based Approach including the application of built-in tax issues and court cases
- Discover how to apply discounts for lack of control, lack of marketability, control premiums and other types of discounts
- Study how to appraise FLPs, LLCs and Promissory Notes using case studies
- Discover the best techniques to reconcile values and document findings in a well-written report.
ASA-accredited members (AM, ASA, FASA) who would like to attend this class will receive a 50% discount. This discount will be automatically applied at checkout.
Methods include lectures, discussions and individual/group exercises and assignments.
BV203 is one of four Principles of Valuation (POV) courses required for those seeking a credential with ASA. In addition, this course is also of interest to accountants, attorneys, business brokers, investment bankers, Internal Revenue Service staff and the appraisal community at large who are involved or interested in the valuation of businesses.
Continuing Education and Contact Hours
28.8 ASA CE Instructional Hours and 3 Exam Hours
NASBA and Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit
ASA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.learningmarket.org.
CPE Credit: Up to thirty (30) CPE credits in Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Fundamental
Delivery Method: Only group-live courses are approved for CPE
Advanced Preparation: None
Policies: ASA's Refund and Cancellation Policy and ASA's Complaint Resolution Policy
Important Class Information
This class will be taught virtually by an instructor over the course of three days with an online exam scheduled on the fourth day. Students will meet virtually online and are required to synchronously participate in a combination of lecture, discussion and classroom exercises via an online platform. The final exam is multiple choice and securely administered online and remotely proctored. Additional final exam instructions are provided closer to the live class.
Class Registration Includes
- One registrant log-in to the live sessions via Zoom
- Downloadable course materials to include a Student Manual and any additional handouts i.e. administrative/exam guidance, if applicable. All course materials are PDF Download Only items made available to students prior to the start of the class and are not for resale or distribution. Once eMaterials have been distributed, courses are no longer refundable.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|